Thursday, January 22, 2009

change: school edition




new school: 2800 students


lunches: 6 brown bags each day

seeing their smiling faces at the end of the day (albeit silly): priceless
(karis-17, haley-16, nick-15)

many of you know that this fall, my kids went to school for the first time after being homeschooled 10+ years. it's still a huge adjustment for pete-3 and me. although it was never our plan to homeschool so long, we really just tried to follow wherever/whatever God was leading us to that year. i enjoyed every minute, and miss that old life every day. the relaxed pace, the time spent with my kids, the lifestyle of learning that was just part of our lives rather than "schoolwork" and "play". but i'm reminded of that Bible verse, "better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere" and for me this year, that means that it will be better for me to humbly submit to my husband's school choice for our kids (one day of obedience to the Divine Order set by God) than a thousand homeschooling days that i insist on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you Jodi and glad we found your blog. Email me so we can catch up. Tell the kids we all say high. Caleb wants more pictures of the boys :) And he's envious of all the snow!!!!!

Mamajil said...

I am so glad to have found your blog!! It will be fun for the kids and I to see what you guys are up to!
take care
hugs
jilma

jodi said...

betty--stay tuned, pictures of the boys in snow coming...

jilma--i'm so glad to have your blog address back again-and be able to keep in touch through cyber space!

Mrs. Pittman said...

Great pictures in the last few posts! ('ceptin the pig stomach - and all I can say is you are definitely a better daughter in law than I ever was!)

Your kids look cold, but happy.
We have been miserable this week with the cold temps here. The kids won't even go out and play because their fingers get so cold. Maybe I should invest in some gloves (for the 3 days a year that we get frigid temps...)

Love the blog, but it's making my heart hurt :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails